Carers Support Service
Support for staff who are unpaid/family carers
The Trust recognises that many staff will also provide care for relatives, partners and friends who may have a physical or learning disability, have a mental or physical health problem and/or may be very frail. Caring can be rewarding however it is often hard work and support is available for staff who are carers.
The Trust Carer Support Service is available to support staff who are carers. We can help you to access and develop a Carer Support Plan to assist you in your caring role. This may include accessing information and providing support, such as listening ear, carer grant, complementary therapies, relaxation days etc. The Carers Framework (provide link to attached document) has also been developed to engage with staff as carers to enhance and support their health and wellbeing.
Staff who are carers, may find the following information helpful:
- Belfast Trust website, Carers section at Carers’ Services | Belfast Health & Social Care Trust;
- Sign up to the Carer Mailing list Carer mailing list consent form | Belfast Health & Social Care Trust to receive a quarterly newsletter and regular communication;
- Contact the Carer Support Service, which is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm at telephone 028 95042126 or email email@example.com
- Carers Support Service Information Pack Carer Support Service, Staff information pack update
HR provide Carer Information sessions during the year on various topics. Dates of sessions will be advertised on the Hub and in the What’s On section of this site.
- Make the Call Outreach Service
- Carers Newsletter Dec 21
- November Online Activity Programme
- Framework For Staff With A Caring Role
- October Programme of Activities.
- Information and advice about cost of living support.
Evening Relaxation with Colette - Sunday 27th November 2022
Please register your interest at: https://forms.office.com/r/rf9CXVMhfc