B Financially Well
The HSC Pension Scheme is one of the most important elements of the financial package on offer to employees of the HSC
As an employee of the Health and Social Care Service in Northern Ireland, your employer will automatically enrol you into the HSC Pension Scheme.
- The HSC Pension Scheme is a defined benefit scheme and an important and valuable staff benefit for people working in the health service. Being a member of the HSC Pension Scheme is one of the ways in which you can prepare financially for your retirement.
- Membership of the scheme is an important and valuable staff benefit for people working in the HSC. As a scheme member, you get an excellent package of pension benefits, index linked and guaranteed by the Government.
- This is good value for money, especially when you know your benefits are secure and will be there when you need them.
- If you join the scheme, you will receive life insurance cover of twice your pensionable or reckonable pay from the day you join.
- Membership of the scheme is voluntary; however, you will be entered into the scheme automatically and will have to choose to opt out.
- You can find out more about the HSC Pension Scheme on the HSC Pension Service website. Below are links to important pages on the website.
HSC Pensions click here
What is financial wellbeing?
Financial wellbeing is your ability to confidently manage your money and plan for the future, regardless of how much money you have.
Being in control of what you spend, save, borrow and plan for means you’re well positioned to:
- Pay bills on time and spend within your means
- Deal with unexpected expenses, like a boiler breakdown
- Handle your borrowings comfortably
- Plan for and meet your long-term goals
In the UK, 24 million adults don’t feel confident managing their money. 10.7 million rarely or never save – and 12.4 million would have to borrow, or could not pay, when faced with an unexpected £300 bill.*
(*Source: 2018 Adult Financial Capability Survey)
We want to help you to manage your money with confidence, learn how to take control of spending, set a budget, and plan for both unexpected life events and your future. We hope it will help you to begin a journey to better financial wellbeing.
Are you worried or concerned about your gambling
or the gambling of someone close to you?
Let’s Talk about gambling, which includes a parent and
Complete an online assessment to find out how much of an impact gambling is having in your life Self-assessment tool
For more information on blocking software, self exclusion and support visit Gam Care