12 Week Weight Loss Plan
12 Week Weight Loss Plan
Develop healthier habits……
Be more active…..
Get on track to start losing weight…..
If these sound like habits you would like to start then the weight loss plan for staff is here to help…
What is it?
This free programme is based on the NHS weight loss plan which helps people lose weight. When you sign up you will be enrolled on the Florence system and receive weekly motivational messages and prompts.
Each week contains information guides which are full of diet, healthy eating and activity advice. Some of this information can be found on this page but we would also encourage you to download the “NHS Weight Loss Plan” app available on any Android, Apple or smartphone to help your progress.
What is Florence?
Florence (or Flo to her friends) is the HSC’s simple and easy to use service to help you manage your health and wellbeing by using free SMS text messages to and from your mobile phone. Flo sends you messages to encourage you and also to collect your weekly weight.
How do I sign up?
Unfortunately we are not accepting any new sign ups to Florence at present
Florence operates on UK mobile phone network services via sms. Most providers include sms messages as part of you contracted services however If you are unsure whether sms use is included in your contract please contact your mobile phone provider for more details as additional charges may occur.
|NHS weight loss plan and App||BMI healthy weight calculator||NHS Calorie checker|
|Easy meals||Change for life food Scan app||My fitness pal|
|Active 10||Couch to 5K||Trust gym corporate membership|
12 Week Weight Loss Plan
- Food labels in weight management LIB Food labels in weight management from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- Portions in weight management LIB Portions in weight management from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- British Heart Foundation have downloadable guides with images of what a portion looks like from all of the food groups: Food portions – Heart Matters magazine | BHF
- Time to get active LIB Time to get active from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- NHS you tube: HIIT and Pilates workouts:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnhASgDToTktRmHUwRwrwosx1514WR2FU
- Choose to Live Better: https://www.choosetolivebetter.com/content/getting-active
- Activity & Fitness Tools | B Well Belfast (hscni.net)
- Safefood how to kitchen skills videos: https://www.safefood.net/how-to/kitchen-skills e.g. how to boil and poach an egg and how to scramble an egg
- Safefood video – Save calories – Swap a full fry for…? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZabXyofr_c
- Safefood Breakfast recipes: https://www.safefood.net/recipes/breakfast
- Safefood Healthy eating on shift work: https://www.safefood.net/how-to/eat-well-shift-work
- Safefood snack recipes: https://www.safefood.net/Recipes/Snacks
- Safefood videos – Foods and drinks high in fat and/or sugar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_9-oCkAGJs
- Safefood video: alcohol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8bTGzH60Y
- Safefood video: Energy drinks – Check before you choose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR-SOAgQ8pA
- Safefood’s infographic: The facts about sugar in drinks found at https://www.safefood.net/family-health/sugary-drinks
- Top tips for drinking alcohol sensibly – LIB Top tips for drinking alcohol sensibly from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- Energy balance and fad diets in weight management LIB Energy balance and fad diets in weight management from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- Eating out LIB Eating out from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- NHS Livewell Healthier takeaways: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/healthier-takeaways/
- Safefood Eating out tips: https://www.safefood.net/eating-out
- Week 8
- NHS: Get active your way: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/get-active-your-way/
- Top tips for a healthier weight webinar Top Tips for a Healthier Weight – YouTube
- Goal setting in weight management LIB Goal setting in weight management from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- What are your triggers to eat? LIB What are your triggers to eat? from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
- The Eat Well Guide in weight management LIB The Eat Well Guide in weight management from Health and Care Videos on Vimeo
Tips for Weight Loss Success
Losing weight can feel like a challenge and it’s important to remember it won’t happen overnight.
Making small, long term changes to your diet and being more active is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
If you are overweight you can get health benefits from losing just 5-10% of your body weight and keeping it off.
For example someone weighing 90kg will need to lose just 4.5kg – 9kg to achieve benefits.
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Improved blood cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes and some types of cancers
- Ease lower back and joint pain
- Having more energy
- Feeling more comfortable in your clothes
- Feeling healthier
- Sleeping better.