The HSC Pension Scheme is one of the most important elements of the financial package on offer to employees of the HSC
As an employee of the Health and Social Care Service in Northern Ireland, your employer will automatically enrol you into the HSC Pension Scheme.
- The HSC Pension Scheme is a defined benefit scheme and an important and valuable staff benefit for people working in the health service. Being a member of the HSC Pension Scheme is one of the ways in which you can prepare financially for your retirement.
- Membership of the scheme is an important and valuable staff benefit for people working in the HSC. As a scheme member, you get an excellent package of pension benefits, index linked and guaranteed by the Government.
- This is good value for money, especially when you know your benefits are secure and will be there when you need them.
- If you join the scheme, you will receive life insurance cover of twice your pensionable or reckonable pay from the day you join.
- Membership of the scheme is voluntary; however, you will be entered into the scheme automatically and will have to choose to opt out.
- You can find out more about the HSC Pension Scheme on the HSC Pension Service website. Below are links to important pages on the website.