Get Active – BHSCT Training Opportunities
GETTING ACTIVE – TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Walk Leader Training
This one day training will equip those attending with the skills necessary to promote and lead safe and enjoyable walking sessions for people of all ages and abilities.
This Training involves:
- The rationale of health walks
- The importance of exercise in relation to physical and mental health
- Leading a walk
- Safety issues and necessary forms that need to be filled in
- Motivating and encouraging people to take up walking as a form of physical activity
- It is expected that those who complete the training will be influential in leading walks in their local areas. This training is available to anyone ages 18 or over and training is free.
Please note this is a basic level course which promotes low level health walks for people who are inactive.
All participants will be expected to be active as Work Leaders within two months of attendance and commit to facilitating at least 12 walks per year as part of their work role or in a voluntary capacity.
Free insurance cover is provided to participants leading walks in an unpaid voluntary capacity.
Did you know?
Belfast Trust’s Health Improvement Team offer a wide range of training opportunities to assist you and others to get active!
What’s On Offer?
– Information on the courses available
– What’s Involved
– When are they on
How to access Training
For information about booking on to a course contact:-
Some courses are subject to criteria for attendance and eligibility form will be sent to those who express an interest in attending.
Disability Sport NI Online Free Courses
To register for any of the training courses please complete the registration form attached and send to Vivien email@example.com before the closing date. Please note, participant numbers will be capped for each course and will be allocated on first come basis.
Each person will receive confirmation of their registration and log in details will be forwarded by Disability NI the afternoon before the training.